Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering orconstruction companies.
Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
JOB SUBSEA CONTROLS ENGINEER (VC23054)
Role: Lead Engineer for Subsea Controls. Scope includes design, fabrication, FAT testing, SRT Testing, SIT Testing, installation support, static commissioning, commissioning and startup of the control system.
• Reviews and provides EM guidance to Contractor design efforts.
• Meets the design requirements by participating and advising Contractor in Design reviews, HAZOPs, Risk Analysis and FMECAs
• Maintains a high standard of quality and reliability by monitoringperformance and taking action when necessary
• Stewards and influences timely and effective resolution of contractor’s interfaces
• Develops software logic and safety logic together with EM Operations
• Develops System P&IDs with Contractor/EM Operations
• Develops System C&E and Interlock Schedules with Contractor/ EM operations
• Develops FDS for the MCS software with Contractor/EM Operations
• Develops FDS for SPCU, HPU and SESD3 equipment with Contractor/EM Operations
• Participates in development of FDS for IWOCs
• Reviews Contractors Quality/Test and Inspection Plans
• Reviews Contractor’s technical deliverables, specifications, drawings, DFO etc.
• Monitors activities and information flow particular to interface management—identify potential problems and aid development of recommendations.
• Reviews/Assists in development of Contractors’ FAT, EFAT, SRT and SIT procedures.
• Assists Contractor in developing the Insurance, Installation and commissioning and 2 year operating Spares requirements.
• Visits Contractor’s locations periodically, to review component testing thro to FAT of completed equipment.
• Works closely with Contractor/Operations in the software testing to identify compliance with specification requirements/interlocks and C&E requirements.
• Participates in Subsea Controls/Umbilicals SIT at Contractors locations.
• Works closely with Contractor/EM Operations in the development of the Static Commissioning Procedure and Commissioning procedure.
• Participates with the Installation Group/Installation contractor in the installation of the Subsea Controls Equipment and umbilicals
• Stewards the offshore Static Commissioning effort and the offshore Commissioning and Start Up of the project
• Helps Operations develop a displacement/flushing procedure for pre-start up.
• Reviews/Accepts Contractors Mechanical Completion Dossiers, and O&M Manuals, for the Subsea Controls and Umbilicals equipment.
• Assists Operations in the ongoing Installation and Commissioning of additional Wells after First Oil up to handover date.
• Compiles a Lessons Learned Dossier for Subsea Controls and Umbilicals.
• Minimum BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in subsea systems from preliminaryengineering through detailed design, manufacturing and testing. Project experience strongly preferred.
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Must be able to work in multicultural environment