Kudirat Initiative for Democracy (KIND) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions:
1) A Programme Manager,
2) A Communications Officer
3) three Programme Officers.
a) The Communications Officer should be able to:
- Oversee and writes speeches; and develop position papers on behalf of the organization.
- Edit and prepare manuscripts on 2 levels: Copy editing (grammar, punctuation, syntax and institutional style) and substantive editing (verification of facts and analysis of data).
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Write proposals and reports.
- Supervise staff working art different projects (for the Programme Manager).
- Manage the implementation of projects at rural and urban levels of society.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation (M & E) indicators and collect relevant M & E information.
- Relevant University Degrees (post graduate degree will be an added advantage).
- Demonstrated skill in using social media tools (for the Communications Officer).
- Knowledge and use of graphics and desktop publishing (for the Communications Officer).
- Previous communication experience that includes communications and advocacy (for the Communications Officer).
- At least 3 years programme planning and management experience (for the Programme Manager).
- Excellent computer skills (knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint is essential).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with issues (particularly gender, women in leadership and/or public accountability).
- Able to take initiative and think outside the box to produce agreed results; willing to travel; Under 35yrs of age.
Interested applicants should send their:
2. Cover letter;
3. A short essay on Enhancing women’s participation in leadership (not more than 2 pages, typed and double spaced)
The Administrator, KIND Office,
42/46 Moshood Ablola Cresent, Off Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos.
Or by emal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications which do not meet the requirements will be discarded and no calls will be entertained. Please check our website, www.kind.org for more about KIND.
Application Deadline: 4 September, 2012