NIGERIA – TEAM COORDINATOR, POLICY AND INSTITUTIONAL EXPERT
PROJECT TITLE: Technical Assistance for the implementation of water supply and sanitation sector reform project phase II in Nigeria
OBJECTIVES: To increase access to safe, adequate, and sustainable water,sanitation and hygiene services delivery in the six EU focal States.
ASSIGNMENT DURATION: 20 months
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL:
- At least a Masters degree in Policy Studies, Economics, Development Studies, Engineering or other related fields.
- Proficiency in English language is a requirement.
GENERAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 15 years post qualification experience is required
SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- At least 10 years experience in managing large and complex development projects at international level, preferably in water-related projects including institutional and policy reforms in developing countries;
- Experience with political economy, governance and accountability issues associated with water and sanitation provision in developing countries;
- Experience with development of WSS policies and legislation.. Knowledge of EDF regulations and procedures will be an advantage.
- Responsible for project management and coordination of the Consultant team at the federal level and in the six States.
- Liaison between the Consultant’s team and the Contracting Authority, PIAs and EU Delegation.
- Facilitate institutional and policy reforms in the FMWR and provide support for implementation of agreed policies
- Responsible for the preparation of ToRs for short-term assignments as needed by the project at federal and State levels
- Reporting and project monitoring.
- Liaise and coordinate with the project governance bodies at the federal level and in the six States as well as with UNICEF and other development partners in the water and sanitation sector in Nigeria.