MWH International Recruits Institutional And Policy Expert
JOB TITLE: INSTITUTIONAL AND POLICY EXPERT
- University degree at Masters degree level in Policy Studies, Economics, Development Studies, Engineering or other related fields.
- Proficiency in English language is a requirement.
GENERAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 8 years post qualification experience is required
SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years experience in water-related projects including institutional and policy reforms in developing countries;
- Experience with integrated water resources management principles and establishment of M&E systems in the water and sanitation sector;
- Experience with governance, accountability, civil society (including media and private sector) and gender issues related to the water and sanitation sector in developing countries. Knowledge of EDF regulations and procedures will be an advantage.
- Facilitate institutional and policy reforms and provide support to sector institutions (federal and states)
- Facilitate the adoption of integrated water resources management approach/principles in water resources management in the FMWR and in the States
- In the FMWR, develop, facilitate and supervise the implementation of the National M&E Action Plan.
- In the six States, in collaboration with UNICEF (responsible for LGAs and rural communities) develop, facilitate and supervise the implementation of the State-level M&E framework to be integrated with the National M&E system.
- Provide administrative and advisory support to the project the steering committees.
- Facilitate capacity building/skills of counterpart staff in the project implementation and recipient agencies through training, mentoring and coaching.
- Draft ToRs for short-term assignments as needed by the project.