Job Title: CLEARING OFFICER - ADO-EKITI,AKURE AND ILORIN
Job ID 9603
Division Investment Banking
Position Category IB Management
Employment Type Full Time - Permanent
Regulatory Approval Yes
Post Closing Date Aug 10, 2012
Ensure correct procedures for handling clearing cheques, scheduling of outward cheques after receiving it from the tellers, Ensure due diligence on the cheques handling. Prepare Caution notices as applicable. Hand over returned cheques to TLCS for onward delivery to customers following the laid down procedures. Process outward clearing cheques in line with the procedures. Posting of cheques into relevant accounts. Moved processed cheque to Clearing house (CBN) following laid down procedures.
Scheduling of outward cheques after receiving it from the tellers
Ensure outward clearing cheques are photocopied and duly filed
Posting of cheques in the correct accounts into relevant accounts.
Ensuring due diligence on the cheques handling
Prepare Caution notices as applicable
Hand over returned cheques to TLCS for onward delivery to customers
Ensure laid-down procedures are adhered to when handing over returned cheques to TLCS
• Takes outward clearing cheques to Clearing (CBN) on a daily basis (Clearing Rep)
• Collate and send all NEFT transactions received from clearing house to OPC Back office support team for final processing
• Post Inward clearing cheques from Clearing (CBN) on a daily basis
• Inward Clearing Cheque
• Outward Clearing Cheque
• In terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act No 37 of 2002, (the Act) no staff member is permitted to provide any advice or intermediary service to a customer, in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act, unless they have been appointed as a Representative of a licensed Financial Services Provider.
• In your current position you are not an accredited representative in terms of the Act, and are therefore prohibited from giving any advice or intermediary service to a customer in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act.
How to Apply : CLICK LINK BELOW