good governance, better understanding and co-operation among the States and ensure a healthy and beneficial relationship between the States and other tiers of government.
The Main objectives of the NGF are to bring together the Governors to share experiences, promote corporation among States, and serve as a mechanism for conflict resolution.
The NGF Secretariat which is a policy hub is looking to recruit an experienced Human Resource Manager. The scope of work will include but not limited to implementing a proper HR system for the Secretariat.
The Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: HR Manager
- Responsible for the smooth and effective operation of NGFS' human resources function,
- Will plan and oversee the HR department/ function and ensure budget compliance
- Will direct the development and implementation of organizational development programs; employee orientation and training programs; benefits plans policies and guidelines; database management procedures; equal opportunity employment programs; and employee records and documentation policies. Evaluating effectiveness through compiling and analyzing data will also be a vital function of the HR Manager. Responsible for the preparation and distribution of various reports on HR metrics to ensure needs are met
- Will ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and industry regulations in order to reduce risk and exposure to the NGFS.
- Will regularly advise NGFS managers on HR issues related to discipline and employee grievances.
- Supervise and provide consultation to DG, EDs and management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
- Take leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with the NGFS’s objectives
- Effectively plan, design, develop and evaluate human resource-related initiatives that support NGFS’s strategic goals
- In addition, lead performance management, talent assessment and effect We labor relationships, including negotiating and administering labor agreements when necessary.
- For daily tasks, HR Manager will supervise HR staff on issues regarding implementation of policies and procedures, safety of the workforce, recruiting and hiring high-performing employees, and labour, regulatory and other human resources issues.
- Human resource technology solutions, workforce planning, benefits and organizational development
- Developing effective training programs
- High emotional intelligence
- Must be highly skilled in leveraging advanced knowledge/technology and skills to measure the results of human resources programs and success in the role.
- Effectively structuring compensation & benefits programs to attract and retain top talent
- Making informed business decisions based on data and statistics; therefore must be analytical and results oriented
- Highly motivated, energetic and organized self-starter with ability to take initiative
- Exceptional communicator (oral & written) with excellent interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Interested candidate should email your CV together with a 2-page brief on how you match the requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Note: Your applications must be directed to the Director General, Nigeria Governors’ Forum;
Application Deadline: 8th October, 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held shortly afterwards,