We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Position: Customer Care Agent
Reports to: Assistant Customer Service Manager, Port Harcourt
Department: Customer Service
Location: Port Harcourt
- This position has been modelled as part of our aggressive drive toward differentiated, proactive and exceptional customer service. The individual will be required to exercise top-notch relational skills alongside analytical capabilities and job knowledge in the execution of his/ her tasks. In addition he / she will be expected to be versatile and a self developer.
- This role will also add great leverage to the promotion and sustenance of our transition to online transactions (e-commerce), proactive exceptions management and timely resolution of issues with customers’ shipments.
- The individual will be expected to demonstrate high standards of customer-centricity, excellent problem solving skills and ability to learn fast in a challenging business environment.
- For this role, prior experience of Maersk Line Customer Service Systems is good but it is not a core requirement. Proven track record of strong performance and experience as a customer service agent/representative is an added advantage.
The executive will primarily be responsible for below activities:
- Take primary ownership for the experience of walk-in customers to ensure customers feel cared for, pleased and have a sense of trust in the Maersk Line and Safmarine brands after each interaction.
- Attend to walk-in customers enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow up on promises and commitments made to Customers across different channels of interaction.
- Work closely but remotely with a data quality team to ensure Customer shipments are proactively monitored during transit and all issues resolved well ahead of final discharge.
- Ensure necessary information on shipment exceptions are passed to customers in a timely manner through suitable channels.
- Assist with campaigns and awareness drives to Customers on changes to processes and procedures that affect their transactions with Maersk Line and Safmarine
- Ensure Customer issues are resolved within agreed service levels
- Supports the Sales team to ensure customer retention and full delivery of the service and product sold.
- Collaborate with Finance team to ensure invoice and payment timeliness and accuracy.
- Avoidance of unjustified cost initiated within and outside your functional scope
- Actively involved in performance evaluation of self and team with the aim of exceeding set target.
The ideal candidate for this role should:
- Possess a strong set of interpersonal skills
- Minimum two years experience in shipping related customer service or sales role.
- Be a team player while taking responsibility for own performance
- Possess capabilities to make sound decisions with minimal information
- Be passionate about delivering superior customer experience deliberately and consistently
- Be skilled in delivering consistent and superior service quality across multiple channels of interaction.
- Proficient use i.e. above average skill in the use of Microsoft excel, word and power point
- Ability to train or coach colleagues in the proficient use of Microsoft excel, word and power point.
- Possess interaction skills (ability to communicate effectively and manage relationship with Customers)
- Possess presentation skills (able to highlight challenges and possibilities to stakeholders proactively)
- Possess people skills (using relationships for improvements)
- Innovativeness (Ability to proffer solutions to Customers issues with minimal escalation).
- Keep an open and constructive attitude and internal communication on improving work procedures, work environment and efficiency.
- Constructively challenge the status quo and raise the bar of service quality.
- Actively support Maersk Line and Safmarine vision to make ease of business a competitive advantage.
- Espouse the following values and functions
- Always exhibit a customer friendly attitude
- Deliver challenges not problems
- Establish own unique contributions
- Establish and monitor quality standards
- Be innovative
- Produce beneficial changes
- Motivate self and others
- Continuous improvement
- Opportunities to make Customers feel Trust, Cared For and Pleased.
- Opportunities to translate the analysis of daily business transactions to initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Opportunities to understand and impact Customer value chains
- Opportunities for increased career marketability subject to performance on the job.
- Opportunity to improve knowledge of the shipping industry
- Exposure to commercial decision making
- Opportunities to register improvements
24th of October 2012.
How To Apply
Interested candates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information