At GlaxoSmithKline, we have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
1) Job Title Supply Planning Manger
Location – Town / City Lagos
Location – Country Nigeria
Reporting To (Job Title) Head Supply Chain
Type of position Permanent
Job Purpose/Scope Lead the Supply Planning team and manage MRP processes effectively to ensure timely order processing and material availability for manufacturing operations and support production and delivery of orders to meet the sales forecasts within budget.
Manage MRP processes effectively to ensure timely order processing and material availability for manufacturing operations and support production and delivery of orders to meet the sales forecasts within budget.
Manage Supply Reviewing Meetings to support effective Sales & Operations Planning. Promptly and Jointly develop and maintain the Customer Service Agreement (CSA) with the Demand Planning Manager and external customers.
Manage site systems (MFG Pro, JDE & Manugistics), exception messages and events to avoid stock outs and achieve site business targets.
Manage Site working capital through effective inventory level management and material planning/forecasting.
Manage the buying function to order and deliver raw and packaging materials to meet production requirement.
Ensure 3rd party manufacturing and storage are well managed to prevent financial losses to the organisation.
Qualifications, Experience Minimum qualification and experience –
B.Sc. degree or its equivalent in Supply Chain, Business or Engineering discipline 6 – 10 years working in supply chain functions in a busy manufacturing environment.
Demonstrated business knowledge in ERP Systems in a manufacturing sector
Full understanding of supply chain KPIs and MRP philosophy
Competencies End to end Supply chain understanding.
Pro-active planning and risk management capability.
Performance and result-oriented with sound leadership qualities.
Strong communication skills and drive.
Superior planning, problem resolution, judgement and decision-making skills.
Good team player with excellent motivational skills.
Proactive with cross group/functional collaborative skills.
Effective cost management skills.
Project management skills.
Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and ERP systems.
Application Deadline: Close Date: 18-Oct-2012
2) Job Title Quality Assurance Manager (WA)
Location - Town / City Ilupeju-Lagos
Location - Country Nigeria
Reporting To (Job Title) Head Regulatory Affairs
Type of position Permanent
The job exists within the commercial Cx Local Operating Companies (business unit) to ensure that the mandated GSK Quality Management Systems requirements for commercial operating units are met. The function is critical to the effective management of systems and activities that are crucial or have a direct impact to product quality and regulatory compliance. Takes the lead in implementing and sustaining the QMS GlaxosmithKline consumer WA LOC , including encouraging the Commercial Cx business to own quality activities in their day to day work.
Key Responsibilities Quality Management:
1a. Implement and maintain effective Quality Assurance systems to ensure that local technical operations are in full compliance with GSK standards and policies, Guide for Commercial Companies ,GMP/ GDP and regulatory requirements.
b. Develop, specify and approve systems that have an impact on the quality of imported, products in line with all relevant GQPs.
c. Monitor and assess quality systems by means of audit and self-inspection, and other forms of evaluation against GSK standards, GQPs, GMP and regulatory requirements.
d. Ensuring a quality assurance input into the main aspects of the local company operations that influence product quality.
e. Manage the preparation and conduct of audits for the LOC
2. Ensure timely local Quality release of imported finished goods deliveries and resolve Quality-related issues arising from these deliveries.
3. Acts as the primary liaison with the GMS supplying sites, R & D and Regional Quality as it relates to approval of repacking activities and resolving Quality issues with the product supplied
4. Ensure that all colleagues in the commercial operating units are adequately trained on the procedures and processes that relate to QMS implementation and regulatory compliance
5. Ensure the QMS implementation is lean as well as compliant and activities conducted to ensure sustainability adopt the principles of OE.
Product Incidents/ Customer Complaints
1. Manage product incidents and support product recalls.
2. Report and follow-up on product complaints with manufacturing sites, customers and Commercial teams.
3. Conduct analysis of product complaint trends in conjunction with Medical Affairs
4. Attend the weekly QA Escalation Phone Calls, or ensure a nominated Colleague attends
1. Oversee the effective implementation of Artwork Management procedures within the commercial teams
2. Manage labeling text and packaging components to ensure compliance with local registered details and corporate prescribing information.
3. Plan and co-ordinate pack changes, online artwork creation and proof-reading.
4. Ensure that the commercial business units can effectively use the global pack management systems (GPM) for Artwork Management by acting as business deployment lead to relay GPM requirements and also to feedback the market needs to GPM
1. Management of the Change Control System.
o Review, Comment and approval of Cx change controls and deviations
o Quality input into Cx Commercial New Introduction projects
o Quality input into Cx Commercial change projects
2. Training and support of the wider consumer healthcare team in the change control system
1. Manage all matters pertaining to regulatory and QA compliance for repacking procedures to ensure timely QA batch release of repacked orders before distribution and/or re-export:
Liaise with distributor on repacking instructions, and monitor repacking processes.
Liaise with printer on the component artworks.
Proof check and QA release incoming stocks and components before repacking.
Ensure documentation of batch records and retention of samples.
Distributor/ Logistics Service Provider/ Contractor Management:
1. Conduct audits of local Logistics Services Provider, Distribution warehouses, repackers and printers/ artwork studios and ensures that the contractors comply with GSK and regulatory requirements.
2. Approves the use of local Distribution warehouses, repackers and printers/ artwork studios
3. Review, update and finalize all Distributor, repackers and printers/ artwork studios Quality Agreements at renewals
4. Extending to end to end supply chain Quality Management
Regional Quality Activities:
1. Support local stakeholder management as required
2. Develop a network to obtain regulatory intelligence and provide the necessary analysis to understand and escalate issues which have the potential to impact supply or GSK’s reputation.
3. Work in the model of GSK Governance and Advocacy to ensure effective collaboration and the ability to draw on their expertise when required to collect and collate intelligence.
4. Provides visibility via an agreed framework to Regional QA of the priorities of both Sites and LOC Regulatory with the aim of agreeing the correct priorities for GSK.
5. Act as a quality contact for Regional Quality Consumer Healthcare and LOCs in the region in relation to quality ,compliance issues and as appropriate reporting KPI’s/ progress on QMS implementation/sustainability and Quality Plans
Qualifications, Experience • Successful completion of relevant tertiary qualifications – science degree
• Minimum of 5-8 years experience within the Pharmaceutical / Consumer Healthcare industries, preferably in the capacity of a senior quality specialist or a manager
• Strong understanding of and experience in quality assurance systems particularly in the areas of batch release, product incidents, artwork control and performing audits
• Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to GMP/GDP
• Good knowledge on effective quality documentation systems
Competencies • Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical mind and good problem solving skills
• Team work and people management skills
• Good time management skills, with ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Concise and persuasive in the description of the different QA situations
• Works with a spirit of continuous improvement and innovation, creatively open to new ideas and methods
• Strong general computer literacy with Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Application Deadline: 10-Oct-2012
Method of Application