Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced individual to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Job Title: Head, IT Solution Development
Job ID 9940
Division Group IT
Position Category GEF IT
Employment Type Full Time - Permanent
Regulatory Approval Yes
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Head up a team of in-house and outsourced developers for customized application development.
• Ensure that calls are escalated and communicated to the required support area and user.
• To ensure that all reports relating to internal custom-developed applications are promptly generated and presented for review by appropriate individuals and departments.
• Ensure the design and development of applications according to business specifications.
• Ensuring that all incidents are responded to and resolved within the required MTTR.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Required CompetenciesKEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Configure, install and support custom-developed applications
• Responsible for administration of custom-developed software systems and intranet web applications
• Responding to and resolving incidents
• Provide backup and data restoration procedures
• Ensure 24-hour availability of custom applications and software systems
• Any other duties as may be assigned by Department Head.
Post Closing Date Oct 16, 2012
We are an equal opportunities employer and are totally opposed to discrimination in any form. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of race, sex, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital / partnership status, religion, age or disability.
How to Apply