Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a non-profit international health organization founded over 40 years ago. MSH’s mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
In Nigeria, MSH currently implements the following programs; Program to build Leadership and Accountability in Nigeria’s Health Sector (PLAN-Health), Prevention, Organizational Systems, AIDS Care & Treatment Project (ProACT), Community Based Support (CUBS) for Orphans and Vulnerable Children and as part of a consortium of partners; Tuberculosis CARE I Program (TB CARE I)
We are currently recruiting for the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer, TB
Job ID: 13-5590
Center/Office: CHS - PPM
The Senior Technical Officer will provide technical assistance in collaboration with MSH TB Project Director, MSH TB Regional Advisor for Africa, MSH-TB CARE I Technical Advisor for Nigeria, TB CARE I lead in Nigeria, National TB and Leprosy Control programme (NTBLCP) of Nigeria and other stakeholders in accordance with the national TB policy guidelines and International Standards of TB care. S/he will report to MSH-TB CARE I Technical Advisor.
- Implement all MSH/TB CARE I activities in consistent with TB CARE I Nigeria plan, NTBLCP strategic plan and MSH quality standard under the supervision of MSH TB Technical Advisor for Nigeria in collaboration with Nigeria TB CARE I Country lead.
- Provide support to NTBLCP in improving TB case detection, program management, information management for the programmatic management of Drug-resistant TB and strengthen supervision including monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent MSH in technical meetings and forum including partner and stakeholders meetings
- Liaising with other technical partners such as KNCV, WHO, FHI and other partners at national and international level
- Foster clear communication about project activities, plans and organizational policies within MSH and between strategic projects and partners
- Model effective leadership and create conducive environment for collaborations with NTBLCP, partners and other stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise to ensure that project activities are carried out within budget and agreed timeframes
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of information and reports to MSH, TB CARE I and relevant partners
- Work with TB CARE I team in Nigeria on implementing overall TB CARE I plan
- Medical doctor with postgraduate training in public health or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in public health; at least 3 years experience in TB control
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of and experience in training and capacity building
- Demonstrated operating in a management culture built on consensus and results
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experienced with project planning applications
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a team-based structure
- Ability to travel up to 40% percent of the time within Nigeria
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Application Closing Date:
26th October, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidates should