Kimberly Ryan is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Transport and Traffic Safety Officer
- Bachelors degree in Transport Management, Traffic Management, Logistics, Engineering or a related discipline. A Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Minimum post qualification 2 years progressive experience in a public transport industry such as rail or bus operations, as well as previous experience in a local, state or federal government agency
- Must possess ICT skills
- To provide technical and admin support in the consideration and agreement with relevant State agencies and stakeholders measures to control transport safety risks so far as is reasonably practicable with focus on proactive safety risk management and exploring options beyond simple traffic control such as public education, managing heavy vehicle traffic, liaising with traffic management agencies such as (LASTMA) and the Federal Road Safety CommIssion (FRSC)
- To estabIish consultative/liaison procedures with the External RelatIons ER) unit to liaise effectively with all relevant stakeholders, bus transport operators, general public and users to ensure effective information, education and communication on all transport safety issues.
- To provide admin support towards an effective and robust monitoring and investigation systems for evaluating and managing risk,
- To meaningfully contribute towards the maintenance-of effective communication and systems to manage the interfaces between parties and improve -traffic management and road safety knowledge of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist consultants, contractors and suppliers involved in the Planning, Execution, and Monitoring and Control of projects by ensuring safety regulations and agreed safety standards are implemented and enforced. Provide technical and administrative support in the Audit and reporting of safety inspection information on all transport related schemes.
- To identify and assess the safety risks that may arise from public transport infrastructure projects and operations at certain interfaces,
- Provide technical and admin support input to safety interface agreements with other relevant parties or stakeholders and manage those risks.
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified applicants should send resumes with Job Title as subject to:
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Application Deadline 17th October, 2012