Job Title: Shipping Supervisor
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Salary: OR – Ordinarily Resident– N3,228,903 p.a. (Starting basic salary)
Position Grade: FSN-08
(In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.)
Basic Function of the Position
The incumbent supervises the shipping section, managing shipping and customs processing of all official and personal (HHE, UAB, POV, Consumables) shipments in accordance with ICASS Service Standards. S/he acts as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for the Packing and Shipping Contract. S/he is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of shipping from customs expediting, document preparation, advising employees on shipment rules and limitations, and maintaining close contacts with airport and shipping clearing houses/agents. Also liaises with the Procurement sections regarding incoming official shipments.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- University degree in Business Administration is required.
- Good working knowledge of the Nigerian Customs regulations and procedures, general procedures and quality of work of the local packing companies, shipping carriers and transfer companies.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Database and Excel packages.
- Nigerian Driver's License is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible experience in the transportation/shipping industry, including one (1) year supervisory experience is required.
- Level IV (good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
2. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to HRNigeria@state.gov
Point of Contact:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
Click Here To Read Full Job Description
Application Deadline 19th October, 2012