The African Development Bank (AfDB) is a leading development institution in the continent, focused on promoting economic development and poverty reduction. It engages with the fullrange and complexity of development challenges in Africa. Core operational priorities include infrastructure, governance, regional integration, and engagement in fragile states.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent reports to the Division Manager of Operations Evaluation Department. S/he will:
- Lead the development and the implementation of knowledge management and dissemination policy and strategy of the Operation evaluation department;
- Determine and undertake evaluation feedback activities;
- Provide advice and expertise to OPEV staff on the most effective evaluation findings dissemination methods and approaches and , synthesize and disseminate good practices from other MDBs;
- Carry out an intensive information dissemination based on a careful assessment needs and opportunities;
- Improve functionality and visibility of OPEV’s online content through an integrated web portal;
- Promote OPEV’s image as a center of excellence for evaluation methods and findings;
- Lead the process through which the main users of evaluation findings deepen their understanding of evaluation findings; by:
- Preparing a quarterly periodical on evaluation findings for wide dissemination and distribution;
- Developing and managing outreach programs and informing OPEV and operational staff on evaluation activities of other development agencies;
- Organizing, facilitating meetings and lectures to introduce evaluation findings;
- Providing oral and written responses and briefings for queries;
- Managing the OPEV web page help desk and intranet;
- Identifying and securing funding for dissemination and training activities;
- Maintaining the web-based homepage and help desk as an interface with Operations staff through an active real time feedback system for dissemination of lesson of experience;
- Maintain close contact with information management and information technology staff in the Bank.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication channels with clients within and outside the Bank in order to establish and develop an effective working relationship to ensure widest possible dissemination of information about evaluation findings;
- Perform other additional duties as required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
Professional and academic Skills Requirements
- At least a Master’s Degree in a relevant area of expertise (economics, social sciences, infrastructure or related discipline); an academic and/or professional qualification in Knowledge Management is desirable.
- At least 6 years of proven experience in Knowledge Management.
- Excellent knowledge Management and integrative skills to operate at the intersection of knowledge management, capacity building, and results dissemination, communication and technology to foster awareness of evaluation findings and influence their use among key audience groups.
- Demonstrated ability, recognized both within and outside the Bank Group, to provide professional advice on strategic, operational and analytical issues affecting OPEV’s mandate.
- Broad experience in knowledge management and dissemination and familiarity with performance management issues in both public and private sector settings, preferably including a strong interest in capacity building initiatives.
- Analytical background and aptitude, with a substantial background in development evaluation or similar analytical work, with a record of leadership and accomplishments.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills in operating collaboratively across organizational boundaries on a wide range of policy, technical and implementation issues.
- Highly developed communication and diplomatic skills to function effectively at the highest levels in a multi-cultural environment, combined with a track record of building and maintaining partnerships with colleagues and clients.
- Proactive and innovative, with an open and collegial work style with ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse views, create partnerships, and collaborate with others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French with a good command of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP desirable.